Founded in 2001, LBB Consulting Inc. is a legal consulting firm offering unique and innovative legal solutions in the worlds of sports and leisure, entertainment and dispute resolution. Our professionals in sport and leisure law, entertainment law and dispute resolution advise and accompany organizations and their members in the management and resolution of their commercial, corporate and systemic strategic issues. LBB has carried out mandates for the following clients:
- Cirque du Soleil
- Government of Canada / Canadian Heritage / Sport Canada
- Association of National Anti-doping Organisations (ANADO)
- Swimming Natation Canada (SNC)
- McGill University
- Click here for a complete list of clients
Our practical solutions apply to a broad range of sectors at the provincial, national and international level.
Click here for a complete list of sectors
Led by Benoit Girardin, a lawyer, arbitrator, university professor and renowned expert in sport and leisure and entertainment law and dispute resolution, LBB brings together, for each individual mandate, experts who act in concert to offer legal solutions adapted to the clients needs and challenges. Among his many achievements, Benoit Girardin, is or has been:
- Advisor to Cirque du Soleil in the context of developing international strategic alliances and relations and agreements with ensuing sports, arts and circus partners.
- Founder and first CEO of the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada (SDRCC). During his term, he managed more than 150 sports-related dispute cases in doping, selection and commercial issues.
- Lawyer for the athletes and the Canadian Olympic Committee at the Olympic Games of Sydney in 2000, and the Pan American Games in 1999; was also a member of the COC legal commission in 2002. In this capacity, he pled before the International Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
- Arbitrator and Investigator in sport law and anti-doping
- Law professor in sport law and sport dispute resolution at McGill University, the Faculty of Common Law of the University of Ottawa, and the Quebec Bar.
- Co-founder and former CEO of AMG Inc., a company specialized in the development of sport and leisure centres and programs at the municipal, national and international level.
- Legal analyst of business and operational plans for the 2010 IAAF Junior World Championships in Moncton, and for the 2009 Senior Canoe World Championships in Halifax (analysis of commercial, corporate and television and marketing agreements)
- Legal advisor for professional athletes and Olympic athletes